Each class is 2 hours long. Childcare is provided with RSVP. Basic Budgeting Series:
• An interactive four-week financial education series teaching proper money management
• Participants examine attitudes about money and establish a budget
• Participant review spending habits and establish financial goals
• Meet 1:1 with financial experts and are eligible to open a zero-balance/zero-fee savings account
• Participants are eligible for a savings match up to $100
OACAC’s Poverty Simulation consists of four 15-minute sessions, each representing a week, in which participants grapple with real-life situations faced by individuals living in poverty.
The Simulation forces participants to assume the role of a low-income family and confront the realities of living on a severely restricted income.
The purpose of the Poverty Simulation is three-fold:
-Promote poverty awareness
-Increase understanding of the challenges faced by individuals living in poverty
-Inspire local change to overcome the effects of poverty
Childcare is provided with RSVP!